Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

The DOOM suggestion again with a new twist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am   Post subject: The DOOM suggestion again with a new twist Reply with quote

Jeric, you now have approximately 300 doom artists here, and that's not counting the depressive bm you could throw in and some of the folk metal along with the shitload of killer doom that Uri and I and others have requested that hasn't been added. You could even now add the traditional stuff like Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus. How about rethinking the idea of a Doom station, you have the material, I know you have the audience, leave the DFM to the brootals and the more traditional bm and folk/bm. I'm not going to poll this, having been around here as long as I have I have a pretty good idea what the response would be.

Memento Mori
UK SummoningEtern...
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one here who likes a mix of different styles? It often feels that way...
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm   Post subject: Re: The DOOM suggestion again with a new twist Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Jeric, you now have approximately 300 doom artists here, and that's not counting the depressive bm you could throw in and some of the folk metal along with the shitload of killer doom that Uri and I and others have requested that hasn't been added. You could even now add the traditional stuff like Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus. How about rethinking the idea of a Doom station, you have the material, I know you have the audience, leave the DFM to the brootals and the more traditional bm and folk/bm. I'm not going to poll this, having been around here as long as I have I have a pretty good idea what the response would be.

Im sure Jeric has enough on his table with the five station currently sisterd. Having another station for only a select few wouldnt be worth it. Even if there is a 100 users here who would listen its not worth it. Its more effiecent to have all of this "Metal" on one station then seperated by genre.

If there is a doom station you want what about just "Brutal Death" or just "Technical Death" you can split this station into like 50. Its ALOT easier the way it is. Bad idea is Bad. It should stay as is, if you get impatient listening to this station then stop listening and buy your music and an ipod, your welcome. Mad
Denmark Razark
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 6196

Razark is offline View user's profile Send private message Razark's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SummoningEternalNightMCMX wrote:
Am I the only one here who likes a mix of different styles? It often feels that way...

No you are not! That is one of the best things here!
Bree to black to doom back to bree then some folk etc; it is one of this stations finest qualities and it would be an abomination to change that! Evil or Very Mad
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea for users and also bad for the owners and some admins cause it demands more job which actually i think must be huge. Anyways i think it's not about how many ppl would you have online after splitting this station, if you see 1980's FM has an average of listeners between 40 to 80, and around 30 to 50 online members or less. The same happens with Entranced FM.
Maybe you feel like you want be here and love this station in some way but the same time you just can't stand some bands playing on here, well, i feel the same thing sometimes but i just turn off the audio and have no problem with other's tastes cause they are free to request and listen what they want too. That's how a community works and they want this station like that, so...

EMBRACE MY SOUL
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jvan wrote:
I think it's a good idea for users and also bad for the owners and some admins cause it demands more job which actually i think must be huge. Anyways i think it's not about how many ppl would you have online after splitting this station, if you see 1980's FM has an average of listeners between 40 to 80, and around 30 to 50 online members or less. The same happens with Entranced FM.
Maybe you feel like you want be here and love this station in some way but the same time you just can't stand some bands playing on here, well, i feel the same thing sometimes but i just turn off the audio and have no problem with other's tastes cause they are free to request and listen what they want too. That's how a community works and they want this station like that, so...

QFT OK!
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ONE own station for 4 or 5 more or less crazy Shocked ..errhm... "individuals" ? Woah
Okay, but it's therefore worthwhile repairing the overlong queue from all 10min+ songs!
This bad idea is really good!!! Wink

Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

too much work, will never get done.. how about you start one, if you have the time of course, and some resources
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then send your stuff to JERIC
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Modos wrote:

Laid off, on unemployment right now. Kind of broke if you know what I mean.

Memento Mori
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Modos wrote:

Laid off, on unemployment right now. Kind of broke if you know what I mean.

could we do one without having to pay all kinds of fees/royalties? Grin
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada urielms
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9192

urielms is offline View user's profile Send private message View urielms's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm   Post subject: Re: The DOOM suggestion again with a new twist Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:

Gr8 idea i must say, i was thinking about it for a long time..i agree with CJ..that would be first real pure Doom metal station on on internet!!
Worth to think it over Yes
Captain

Member#: 2410

irule is offline View user's profile Send private message View irule's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No way! There's no need to split up the station. But definitely get some Candlemass Wink
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should be deleted, like CJ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: