Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Add: Exodromos by Wormed | Brutal/Technical Death Metal (2013)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Maybe
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Italy freccia_nera_76
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11628

freccia_nera_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View freccia_nera_76's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WORMED - Tautochrone (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! LOL What a dork. OK, OK, this is the best band ever in the history of rock music, and this is the best album ever, if there were justice in this world it would sell 1,000,000,000 copies and this band would be worshipped as gods. Mr. Green LOL

Memento Mori
Italy freccia_nera_76
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

freccia_nera_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View freccia_nera_76's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
OMG! LOL What a dork. OK, OK, this is the best band ever in the history of rock music, and this is the best album ever, if there were justice in this world it would sell 1,000,000,000 copies and this band would be worshipped as gods. Mr. Green LOL

At least he made u smile with his "colourful review" and considering your top ten list I see it as a miracle...yes , now , I think they'll sell 1,000,000,000 copies , thanks dude ! Smile Smile Smile
UK SummoningEtern...
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed by the samples considering this is the same band that brought us Planisphaerium. I like the vocals but that's about all.
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL LOL LOL
I voted yes, they are pretty much the only brutal band I dig, but only since Quasineutrality, Planisphaerium I did not like.. this coming from a hardcore black metal + doom fan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can picture yourself sitting in the darkest space imaginable for years with nothing more than a pen to record and isolate your thoughts you would barely begin to scrape the cell splitting, mind melting insanity that is about to melt you like a subatomic bomb. Earth is dead. Too bad you're not.

Exodromos is the second full length by Spanish technical death metal unit Wormed. It has been ten years since their last full length Planisphærium with only an EP to tide over fans in the meantime entitled Quasineutrality. And while ten years is an insanely long time to wait for another full length, fans that have kept it together need to know right now: it was fucking worth it.

Exodromos is a dark, dizzying, maddening descent into a world that feels both musically and lyrically eons beyond others. It's like something Arthur C. Clarke and Issac Asimov would conceive if they were confined in a dank cell with only candlelight and a typewriter to go by. To call it bleak would be an understatement. The lyrics are like a captain's log of desolate isolation that pulls apart the listener cell by cell. The story content is a prequel to Planisphærium and still feels very observational, but also more philosophical in context.

Musically Wormed bring the game. Songs are dizzying in their levels of technicality, weaving perfectly to ally with the mood the lyrics aim to set. The first track “Nucleon” starts with an ominous grind that quickly blasts into madness. It feels like watching someone's head explode and managing to capture every one of their horrified thoughts as the pieces scatter across a dark, dying spaceship. Phlegeton's guttural growls reach such depths that they remind me of bands like Circle of Dead Children. Other tracks like “Solar Neutrinos” and “Xenoverse Discharger” focus more on mood (though they still bring the rage).

The flow of the album is truly flawless. Songs are broken up so perfectly and the mood of the album is captured with such precision that it's no wonder it took the band ten years to put out Exodromos. Those weary of bands that switch up the tempo or time signature too much will find the formula in its perfected state here. Even those that don't like the sudden switching or choppy feel of a lot of bands that fall into the “technical [insert genre]” category will find Exodromos a welcome band to listen to. Nothing feels forced or awkward and there isn't a single dull, dead second. The technicality is smooth and the dreadful mood that Exodromos has is never lost. It is a competent and consistent album start to finish.

The shadow Wormed cast with Exodromos is monolithic. The album is fast, technical, melodic, bleak, and endlessly interesting. It sounds like something you might find on the Event Horizon ship. Hell, even then, that film feels like a walk through smiles and sunshine land in comparison to Exodromos. Fans of Deathspell Omega, Dillinger Escape Plan, and Cerebral Bore should give this a listen. Even if you don't like those bands, check this out. This is one of the best metal albums that will drop this year. Don't sleep on it.

10/10

http://www.metalinjection.net/reviews/album-review-wormedexodromos
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not want to lock this thread as well, so keep calm all of you.

I will remove the non needed posts from this thread, now behave
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 3336

Modos is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Modos's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Add, of course!
UK slothhead
Captain
Captain

Member#: 5380

slothhead is offline View user's profile Send private message View slothhead's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

considering its tech metal its a hell yes \m/
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I manage to buy it , I'll gift it to the radio , if anybody could do so before would be more than appreciated

I see added albums and votes going down and it is toooo bad Depressed
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

freccia_nera_76 wrote:
For more info :

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wormed/3985

Just give it up, the vote is 6-9-3.

Memento Mori
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

freccia_nera_76 wrote:
When I manage to buy it , I'll gift it to the radio ...

first: all most contributions are welcome here [if authorised by the DFM-heads] and
second: Wormed are even better 'adaptable' to the DFM-playlist than many other bands here. Point.
Thank you in advance for the honourable & personal concern: Buy it! OK! and I save my money
Wink
Italy freccia_nera_76
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this place in Paris with a fantastic selection

http://www.gibertjoseph.com/cd/hard-rock-metal/black-death.html

Last time I bought Pitbulls in the Nursery and Beyond Creation...great stuff for my collection...could't find latest Arkaik and Wormed thogh , only the previous releases but the guy told me they are on order...last chance Amazon...I won't give up and gift Exodromos for the pleasure of everybody here on DFM Smile Peace

Last edited by freccia_nera_76 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Mexico satanhatta_met...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12319

satanhatta_metalord is offline View user's profile Send private message satanhatta_metalord's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking Wormed, amazing music for me. Voted yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: