Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

A Plague of Idiocy
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK SummoningEtern...
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am   Post subject: A Plague of Idiocy Reply with quote

I open Death.FM on my browser and in the chatbox is a bunch of no-lifers arguing about the length of requests (although the Queue isn't particularly long). Should I be tempted to sign up?
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:54 pm   Post subject: Re: A Plague of Idiocy Reply with quote

SummoningEternalNightMCMX wrote:
I open Death.FM on my browser and in the chatbox is a bunch of no-lifers arguing about the length of requests (although the Queue isn't particularly long). Should I be tempted to sign up?

Probably not. BTW, I quit using the chat a long time ago, relevancy deficit there.

Memento Mori
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

First: Great THX Summo!!! This question was overdue Yes !
Second: Stupidity in itself is not punishable, but...
Third: basically i've nothing against all well-disposed DFM-members & friends here on chat, forums or wherever.
However, the exception like Jvanita proves the rule, but as i said: His stupidity is unfortunately not punishable.
Last: Like so many others, i too wonder where the people responsible are.
I thank you and await your reply...

Cool Peace
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 1099

Death_Medic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Death_Medic's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by length of requests? Do you mean how often you can, or how long the the tracks members are requesting are?

Both of these issues have been covered.....

The track length issue has been debated many times in the forums. There is actually a rule on the server that if the queue is over 1:30 it disables requesting of songs over 13 min.

If it's the wait time to request, if you are not already become a RIP, if queue is less then 1:30 5 min wait, 1:30-2:00 20 min at 3 hour queue it disables requests.

I hope I answered this for you both....

Also yes there is nothing we can do about stupidity, no rules about being stupid.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 5788

supersmoke is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View supersmoke's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If q is over 2 hours then songs of 13:20 and higher are disabled.

If q is below that threshold, then they are available for requesting.

Not everyone is going to be happy with any certain way the q is setup.
Commodore

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

btw: Even now i do not know on the deeper-seated reasons for the complete ban of spinemaggot from DFM,
but i personally have never felt nerved by him and i think i'm speaking for all my other 'colleagues' as well.
However, let's state the fact that most people of the community is extremely frustrated about this behaviour,
to request permanently and recklessly only long songs ... 10mins+ minimum ... over and over again!
My dear moderators, the solution is dead simple: Kick that ignorant asshole out for 1 week and let's see
whether he 'correctly' understood what was happened!
Cheerz! Peace

Commodore
Commodore

aw

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuka_Kommandant wrote:
btw: Even now i do not know on the deeper-seated reasons for the complete ban of spinemaggot from DFM,
but i personally have never felt nerved by him and i think i'm speaking for all my other 'colleagues' as well.
However, let's state the fact that most people of the community is extremely frustrated about this behaviour,
to request permanently and recklessly only long songs ... 10mins+ minimum ... over and over again!
My dear moderators, the solution is dead simple: Kick that ignorant asshole out for 1 week and let's see
whether he 'correctly' understood what was happened!
Cheerz! Peace

Spine got under digi's skin quite a bit as far as I know. Further than that...?

Memento Mori
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Spine got under digi's skin quite a bit as far as I know. ...

Okay, many THX for the "official reason". Yes
UK SummoningEtern...
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10717

SummoningEternalNightMCMX is offline View user's profile Send private message SummoningEternalNightMCMX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Death_Medic wrote:
What do you mean by length of requests? Do you mean how often you can, or how long the the tracks members are requesting are?

Both of these issues have been covered.....

The track length issue has been debated many times in the forums. There is actually a rule on the server that if the queue is over 1:30 it disables requesting of songs over 13 min.

If it's the wait time to request, if you are not already become a RIP, if queue is less then 1:30 5 min wait, 1:30-2:00 20 min at 3 hour queue it disables requests.

I hope I answered this for you both....

Also yes there is nothing we can do about stupidity, no rules about being stupid.

Thanks for restating this DM. Apparently some of us have forgotten that if you are a fully paid up RIP you can request whatever songs you want, subject to restrictions based purely on length of queue.

Yes
Austria Thor666
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 6403

Thor666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Thor666's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the problem if you do that then all of music devices via Death Doom and Black, so if true?
I usually only see the many black things are being skipped for example., Doom song `s run like clockwork? And I find that does not make the thing?
Pity currently runs all of the oar
Austria Thor666
Commodore
Commodore

Thor666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Thor666's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has to be the same for all? Relates to the solution as the Q is super long moment the problem is that some do not know how to behave to get an optimum for all out because man would find a solution
Germany ghostintheshell
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 6276

ghostintheshell is offline View user's profile Send private message ghostintheshell's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

... i would like to say something to all this....

... beginning of last year suddenly the request times were putted up to 2 hours waiting from up a queue of 2.30 for rips out of a kind of similar situation like now,... meeeehing about long songs, queue length etc,...all, including me, were pissed on like hell, 2 fkng hours waiting...at the beginning from this year the request times were setted back to very short times again to fight against syst adm,...aaand..all were happy again woohoooo,....we said lets try to behave, that all can have something from the shorter times as long as we can,...if there is one person who make the queue explode with 4 tracks to one houre more is it clear that the usual discussion starts,...the beginning there was friendly asking if it is not possible to behave, and also show that we can think in community,...i said this als in chat, lets behave cuz who knows when the req times will set back to long waiting from 2h... "Please be aware of the queue length and try not to request long tracks when the queue is long."... 20min waiting i great for all i think, 40 also still better than the 1 hour we still had,...

...that all runs out like now with a hunt on jvan i dont subscribe and also can not tolerate,... it became public mobbing,... sometimes we foret we dont sit all together in a living room ...i can understand on the other hand too, cuz i am pissed on too,...to hit on him like that is not fair, and i still said it,...on the other hand he is the one at the end who sit there with the finger on the button to choose,....i wrote a pm to jvan last saturday, and until now he did not read it,..i told him 2 times in chat and asked him to read, but he ignores until today....i asked him friendly to stopp that challenging, and also the reason for it,...that i am afraid that the req times will put high again back to 2 hours,...i am sure this noone wants...i also told him that i hope he take on, and that i hope for a new start for all...

...so why dont we take the chance now just to make a new start,...if we get the chance that the short req times will stay we have ALL to behave, so stopp hacking on him, and he could think too about the reasons, and why community behaviour could be a good thing for all,...we could just start new....

...sorry for my bad english, i hope you all understand what i wanna say,...
Austria Thor666
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostintheshell wrote:
... i would like to say something to all this....

... beginning of last year suddenly the request times were putted up to 2 hours waiting from up a queue of 2.30 for rips out of a kind of similar situation like now,... meeeehing about long songs, queue length etc,...all, including me, were pissed on like hell, 2 fkng hours waiting...at the beginning from this year the request times were setted back to very short times again to fight against syst adm,...aaand..all were happy again woohoooo,....we said lets try to behave, that all can have something from the shorter times as long as we can,...if there is one person who make the queue explode with 4 tracks to one houre more is it clear that the usual discussion starts,...the beginning there was friendly asking if it is not possible to behave, and also show that we can think in community,...i said this als in chat, lets behave cuz who knows when the req times will set back to long waiting from 2h... "Please be aware of the queue length and try not to request long tracks when the queue is long."... 20min waiting i great for all i think, 40 also still better than the 1 hour we still had,...

...that all runs out like now with a hunt on jvan i dont subscribe and also can not tolerate,... it became public mobbing,... sometimes we foret we dont sit all together in a living room ...i can understand on the other hand too, cuz i am pissed on too,...to hit on him like that is not fair, and i still said it,...on the other hand he is the one at the end who sit there with the finger on the button to choose,....i wrote a pm to jvan last saturday, and until now he did not read it,..i told him 2 times in chat and asked him to read, but he ignores until today....i asked him friendly to stopp that challenging, and also the reason for it,...that i am afraid that the req times will put high again back to 2 hours,...i am sure this noone wants...i also told him that i hope he take on, and that i hope for a new start for all...

...so why dont we take the chance now just to make a new start,...if we get the chance that the short req times will stay we have ALL to behave, so stopp hacking on him, and he could think too about the reasons, and why community behaviour could be a good thing for all,...we could just start new....

agrre with you ghost
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ghostintheshell wrote:

Sorta. LOL

Memento Mori
Netherlands DEADHEAD-13
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 11338

DEADHEAD-13 is offline View user's profile Send private message View DEADHEAD-13's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its possible to bring songlength down when Queue-length is rising say:

less then 1 hour is unlimited use
1 hour is under 15 min
1 and a quarter hour is under 10 min
1 and a half hour is under 8 min
2 hour is under 6 min

the best way to end this i guess. problem is that all long songs are disliked by many members within DFM.

greetz Marcel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: