Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

My Dying Bride-For Darkest Eyes

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 pm   Post subject: My Dying Bride-For Darkest Eyes Reply with quote

Recently I started thinking about this video which I haven't watched in a number of years, I have it as its original release on VHS. Not wanting to watch it again on VHS due to the miserable video and audio quality I sought out the DVD release. Needless to say, after all these years I was blown away. Sure, the video quality even on the DVD is not up to today's standards, but it beats the VHS by quite a bit.

This long video consists of several parts, a variety of video clips, a throwaway section called "gallery" and the real gems of the the video, 3 very early concerts. The earliest, recorded in 1993 at Willem II in the Netherlands is MDB at their earliest and rawest, still actually a death metal band for the most part. Video quality is poor, but it is still an excellent glimpse of the band near their roots. The next concert is at the Dynamo Festival in 1995, still early on in the band's existence, but slightly more polished, albeit a much shorter set. But the third concert, recorded in 1996 in Krakow Poland shows the band heading more towards what we know them as today. A little more goth and doomish, slightly less death metal, but still not with the overwhelming goth elements of today. Aaron's voice has matured a bit by this time, and his range is a bit broader, all in all a much more polished performance.

For ALL MDB fans this first of their video releases is a must. If you are new to the band this is a great introduction via video to where they came from musically. If you are an older fan this is absolutely essential. Bottom line, if you like MDB at all, you must seek out this video.

Memento Mori
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: