Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Add: Exodromos by Wormed | Brutal/Technical Death Metal (2013)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Maybe
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Germany ARny RIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 11083

ARny is offline View user's profile Send private message View ARny's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:41 am   Post subject: Add: Exodromos by Wormed | Brutal/Technical Death Metal (2013) Reply with quote

Exodromos - Wormed

Buy at Amazon

Track List:

1. Nucleon 03:11
2. The Nonlocality Trilemma 03:14
3. Tautochrone 03:01
4. Solar Neutrinos 02:03
5. Multivectorial Reionization 03:26
6. Spacetime Ekleipsis Vorticity 03:33
7. Darkflow Quadrivium 01:48
8. Stellar Depopulation 03:23
9. Techkinox Wormhole 03:36
10. Xenoverse Discharger 05:59

Brutal/Technical Death Metal
Spain

Official: wormed.net
Wiki: Wormed
Myspace: wormed

Austria Thor666
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 6403

Thor666 is offline View user's profile Send private message Thor666's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

no
Columbia Azdragar
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10419

Azdragar is offline View user's profile Send private message Azdragar's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The music is good but they ruined it all with the "voice".
EMBRACE MY SOUL
Germany Stuka_Kommandant
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2872

Stuka_Kommandant is offline View user's profile Send private message View Stuka_Kommandant's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*YES* of course, coz Wormed is an institution in this genre! OK!
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

voted no Peace

Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm...no way. Neutral

Memento Mori
Germany fog
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9170

fog is offline View user's profile Send private message fog's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe.
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave maybe as well... ....
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11628

freccia_nera_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View freccia_nera_76's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you vote no...they play more than one string at the time and maybe too fast for you... Sad LOL Peace
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

freccia_nera_76 wrote:
Of course you vote no...they play more than one string at the time and maybe too fast for you... Sad LOL Peace

Oh you mean those things called chords that you first learn when you first learn to play guitar, yeah these guys know 3 or 4. Neutral

Memento Mori
Finland Basher
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10128

Basher is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Basher's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
freccia_nera_76 wrote:

Oh you mean those things called chords that you first learn when you first learn to play guitar, yeah these guys know 3 or 4. Neutral
Dear members, remember these words:

http://death.fm/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6531
Lieutenant Commander

freccia_nera_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View freccia_nera_76's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
freccia_nera_76 wrote:

Yeap , the 6 strings classic guitar , the first thing the teacher tells u is "ok this is a guitar , 6 strings , bla bla bla "
Italy freccia_nera_76
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A World Shattering Escape - 100%

Since the release of their 2003 debut album, Planisphærium, Wormed have been one of the most respected brutal death metal bands of modern time. Rarely criticized and often praised, the Spain born group have been active since 1998 and previously released one full-length, one EP, two demos, a single and a split album. While Wormed released the EP Quasineutrality in 2012, fans world wide have been anxiously awaiting a full-length follow up for ten long years. Exodromos is that follow up, and it is easily one of the most highly anticipated albums of 2013. The band have stated that Exodromos is a prequel to Planisphærium, and that it "tells the story of futuristic science concepts and chaotic visions of the last human left in the cosmos." What new alien sci-fi adventures do Wormed have in store for audiences?

Exodromos is a brutally hellish descent at terminal velocity through space, time, and the end of humanity as we know it. The audience travels along side Krighsu, the last known human in the megacosm, which was absorbed by a quantum wormhole and spat back out as an inverted "Multivectorial Reionization" of the universe that we know now. The story telling in this material is above and beyond anything that Wormed have written before; it is visionary, primordial, and paints horrific space-scapes in the psyche that drag the listener through one mans descent into madness. What makes Wormed one of the most unique brutal death metal bands are their alienistic lyrics that encompass space, psychosis, human evolution and science in general; unlike most brutal death metal bands that stick with the standard blood, guts, gore and carnage. The overall material on Exodromos has an intelligent feel to it, in both lyrics and instrumental composure.

Everything presented in this content is significantly higher advanced in comparison to the band's first release. Long gone are the hollow grunts that had little to no power behind them, in place are a talented plethora of deep, sometimes elongated, pig squeals and bowl obliterating gutturals. Furthermore this time around, the lyrics are given proper annunciation and "Solar Neutrinos" even has fathomless spoken words. Wormed's technicality has skyrocketed in Exodromos in every instrument. Riky drums like a man not from this world, he incorporates a seemingly endless range of powerful beats and rhythms that are almost always coupled by double bass kicks; there are virtually zero standard drum patterns here and, refreshingly, no one-two blast beats either. There are an array of hi-hats and cymbal crashes that accent the background while the snare is being pummeled into oblivion, one begins to wonder if the drummer has a hidden set of extremities or a mechanical wrist implant. The guitars have everything one could possibly wish for in the perfect brutal death metal album; dissonant picking, one-string wonky bends, pick slides, all over the map heavy riffing, pinch harmonics, sweeps and even more. At some point in time, nearly every fret of the guitar and every technique brought to mind is used during the material. This, along with the use of innovative musical rests, truly creates a one-of-a-kind music experience that pleases every audible sensation that sound waves can touch. To top the content off, the album has been given an audio quality upgrade far surpassing that of Planisphærium, so everything is heard in crystal clear, high-definition endowment.

The most recognizable tracks on Exodromos consist of "Nucleon", "Tautochrone", "Stellar Depopulation", "Solar Neutrinos", "Techkinox Wormhole" and "Xenoverse Discharger". When breaking down some of the tracks listed, "Tautochrone" has the most impressive use of natural harmonics that are used in a descending fashion along the fret board and have never been heard of anywhere else prior to this recording. "Solar Neutrinos" is a simple track, without drums or technicality but instead spoken word lyrics and a stellar use of sci-fi ambiance that gives the album a much needed break from the overwhelming heaviness it carries to prevent the tracks from continually careening together. "Xenoverse Discharger" is the final track on the album and is much more atmospheric than the rest, the use of anomalous picking and light hammer ons/pull offs rather than hefty power chords leaves the track feeling lighter and more spacey. The track inevitably ends on the perfect set up to introduce "Tunnel of Ions", the first song from Planisphærium. The rest of the songs listed above have superior composure and make the most use out of the abrupt rests that are incorporated within this material, they always catch the listener by surprise even after multiple listens and are a great example of how rests can revitalize an album.

Exodromos is not only one of the greatest albums of the year, but one of the greatest brutal death metal albums of all time. The musical structures are some of the most innovative, creative, original pieces heard in a very long time; especially from its respective genre. The imagination behind the concept of the album is both intriguing and world shattering; you can imagine yourself floating through space and time utterly alone before you're sucked up into a quantum wormhole that will lead you through oblivion and into a cosmos unknown, full of death and despair. An absolute must hear, no exceptions. Get it from Willowtip in North America and Hammerheart Records in the UK on March 26th, 2013; the day your life will be forever changed.

Digital Download Provided by: Earsplit PR

- Villi Thorne

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Wormed/Exodromos/363390/VilliThorne
Italy freccia_nera_76
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WORMED
Exodromos (2013)
Spain, Willowtip Records, Brutal Death Metal

My mind has just been raped. I know I should file a report or seek some kind of compensation but I – I’m not able. In addition, my legs have stopped working, so even if I wanted to get up and do something, I can’t. I’m not sure exactly what just happened but I can say this for damn sure; ‘Nourishing The Spoil’? Hit the fuckin’ bricks. ‘Exodromos’ just made you and every other album this year its bitch. Enjoy not being first on my Top 10 list Guttural Secrete.

Yeah, that’s right, the album I went completely gaga over barely a month ago has already been dethroned. Surely this violates some fundamental rule of physics given how ecstatic I was (and still am mind you) about ‘Nourishing The Spoil’ but then I remember exactly who I’m dealing with; the masters of time, space and brutality themselves, Wormed. If someone told me I’d find not one but two death metal magnum opuses would be released within a month of each other any other year than this one, albums that completely annihilate my taste in music only to replace it with something better, I’d mock that person for being so stupid & childish. Hell, how is that supposed to reflect on me as a reviewer? An album comes out that challenges my all time favorite brutal death metal albums more viciously than ever and then one paltry month later it’s marginalized by something even greater? There’s some cosmic fuckery going on here…
I figured after the genre redefining assault of ‘Nourishing The Spoil’ I had heard the best this year had to offer. How could it not be? It’s one of the best brutal death metal albums I’ve ever heard already. Everything I praised about it is still true. (For the most part) Albums like that don’t just get overtaken in less than 30 days. Unless of course we’re talking about an album that’s more than a death metal masterpiece. An album so magnificent in practically every way it goes beyond competing with any peers because it has none by virtue of being so groundbreakingly original. The kind of album that takes brutal death metal, quantum physics, an apocalyptic sci-fi tale worthy of novelization and free-jazz then proceeds to create something even greater than the sum of its parts. Virtuosity of that magnitude is practically unheard of, let alone released shortly after a genre triumph like Guttural Secrete’s latest. I certainly would never have believed it…until ‘Exodromos’ that is.

It’s pretty ridiculous of me to put out not one but two slobbering praisefests out in the span of 30 days but I’m only human. I had absolutely no way of knowing this would happen. I’ve never planned for something like…well, this album. Sure, I’ve been eagerly awaiting a new Wormed album for as long as I’ve loved ‘PlanisphÆrium’ but ‘Exodromos’ goes well beyond a simple successor to ‘PlanisphÆrium’, which would have been more than enough for me and practically every other Wormed fan out there. In fact, I don’t know if I’ll be able to enjoy ‘PlanisphÆrium’ nearly as much as I have after ‘Exodromos’. That’s my biggest complaint about ‘Exodromos’; it’s so awe-inspiring, it renders all of Wormed’s other material invalid. That was bound to happen with a musical experiment this bold though. ’PlanisphÆrium’ could never hope to be up to snuff after this.

First things first, Phlegeton’s vocals…I’ve long considered Phlegeton second only to Matti Way in the history of guttural vocals. The noises that emanate from his throat have no business coming out of a human being. While his work on ‘Exodromos’ isn’t his all time deepest, it is BY FAR his most unsettling, varied and utterly mindblowing to date. I’m sure the vast majority of readers are familiar with the space jockey from Ridley Scott’s Alien. If a space jockey (not an ‘engineer’ from that shitfest Prometheus) ever spoke, disintegrating any beings foolish enough to listen, I can only imagine it’s primordial roars sounding like the vocals on this album. These aren’t just mind erasing, bowel vacating gutturals, they’re the language of a creature far beyond pitiful human comprehension. Lesser mortals will explode and even the heartier among us will feel fear as we never have before. Beyond that, there are atmospheric tracks/sections on ‘Exodromos’ narrated better than any similar track experiments in the death metal genre since Timeghoul. One thing is for damn sure; no gutturals you’ve ever heard can prepare you for what you’ll experience here.

As if that wasn’t enough, the guitar riffs on this album go beyond simple death metal supremacy. In the hands of any lesser guitar players, these tracks would be disjointed messes of wasted ideas and potential. Miguel and J. Oliver will never be those inferior specimens. Hell, they’ve written songs so amazing even the best brutal death metal guitarists alive today couldn’t recreate their genius accurately. Unfathomable grooves and maddeningly fast tremolo riffs scorch like the sun, etching themselves into your mind and never letting go. The flow and song progressions featured on ‘Exodromos’ are some of the all time best in the history of the guitar. I really don’t care how that sounds at this point because if there’s one consistent thought in my head about ‘Exodromos’.

‘This is some of the best goddamn music ever made. Period, full stop, bar none. Pack your shit up, go home and blast this fuckin’ thing.’

I don’t know how Miguel and J. Oliver managed to pull this off but am I ever glad they did. Honestly, after listening to even a snippet of ‘Exodromos’, I can’t appreciate other guitarists nearly as much. Short of Fredrik Thordendal, I think these two just became my go-to electric guitar maestros. Absolutely stunning from beginning to end.

This album’s dominance doesn’t end there though. Riky Mena’s drumming sees to that. Imagine for a moment if Buddy Rich and Dave Culross of Suffocation were, by the machinations of the multiverse, combined into one Spanish drummer. That’s the most adequate description of Riky’s drumming I could ever hope to give. There are enough blast beats and complex fills to satiate the appetite of every death metal fiend the world over but his performance truly astounds when seemingly out of the blue, a free-jazz flavored drum pattern will melt what little mind this album didn’t already disintegrate. Thanks to the aforementioned pattern in ‘Tautochrone’, I can’t even finish this paragkjfhscjkkdbhgkgzxkjbcd vksjudgcfi u jklnco n/……..

See? Brain melt. You’ve been warned. Ties in with what I’ve been hinting at throughout this review; 98% of other death metal albums won’t be listenable after you hear this. Forget a ‘Parental Advisory’ sticker, every copy of ‘Exodromos’ should come with a warning that says,

‘You may be tempted to junk the rest of your CDs after listening to this one. Proceed with caution or lose entire music collection. ‘

No discussion of ‘Exodromos’ would be complete without the album’s concept. As quoted from the band’s official website,

“Exodromos is a prequel of Planisphaerium; the story tells about futuristic science concepts and chaotic visions of the last human left in cosmos, Krighsu. These are particularly in relation to the awakening of the ‘Chrym’ once the last humans of the year 8K, called the Terrax, dissapeared, and the known universe was absorbed by a quantum wormhole in a inverted multi-vectorial reionization. Krighsu, will travel through xenoverses to found a new world with the human seed. The paradox: Krighsu is not the habitual human you all know.”

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That paragraph alone puts the vast majority of current science fiction literature to shame. It’s like Andrei Tarkovsky’s ‘Solyaris’ crashing into ’2001: A Space Odyssey’ rewritten by some genetic hybrid of Stephen Hawking and Philip K. Dick. The best part of it all is Phlegeton thought of the entire concept. Face the harsh, uncompromising truth that nothing you do in your life will ever be as amazing as what Phlegeton’s managed to accomplish here; some of the greatest gutturals in metal history combined with a genius level combination of quantum physics and apocalyptic science fiction. This is the kind of creativity that takes someone’s whole professional career to remotely achieve normally, if they don’t go full Howard Hughes and become a reclusive nutjob that pisses into mason jars…and then there’s Phlegeton, a frontman with an active tour schedule for several bands that can STILL realize something this ambitious to its fullest extent. Jari Mäenpää could take 30 years for the next Wintersun farce and still never reach the level of ‘Exodromos’ conceptual magnificence. Combine that and the music with one of the most top notch production jobs I could have ever asked for and ‘Exodromos’ is more than enough to shatter my (and your) scope of brilliant music.

When all is said and done, this isn’t just an album; it’s a full fledged journey. Across 10 tracks and 33 minutes, I felt like *I* was Krighsu. Every hope, struggle, doubt and moment of insurmountable insanity he faced was my own…by the time I first finished ‘Exodromos’, I don’t think I’ve ever hit the replay button on my CD player so quickly. This isn’t just Album Of The Year, it’s Album Of The Goddamn DECADE. Maybe more so than that. I can now safely say that no other album in 2013 can touch ‘Exodromos’ or hope to match it and I’ve got a lot of albums I’m still looking forward to. It even manages to go beyond a death metal triumph as important/groundbreaking/original as ‘Pierced From Within’, ‘Obscura’ and ‘Elvenefris’; this a musical work for the ages. A true combination of genius, virtuosity and timelessness. If you don’t own this album by the time 2013 is over (at the very latest you lazy fuck) you’d not only be doing yourself a personal disservice but also insulting the band that made this magnum opus possible. That’s a paddlin’.

I remember when I first heard ‘PlanisphÆrium’ the first thing I said was ‘These guys are on their way to being the most important brutal death metal band today’. Now that ‘Exodromos’ is here, that statement seems so quaint it’s practically insulting. This is a ‘Buy Or Die’ release, without a goddamn doubt. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to try and seek some kind of help for my mind rape, paralysis and all around pai-asdfhakjsyflia hsdcbkhasdbgkiajlsknhcdbxkzdyhalksnmldfnal,xcj@!

Sorry, the vocals on ‘Xenoverse Discharger’ just kicked in…

I don’t think the neurologist I’ll have to see is going to be very happy about this.

Rating: 10/10

Author: Goshuggist

http://technicaldeathmetal.com/archives/4435
Italy freccia_nera_76
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For more info :

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wormed/3985
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: