Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

an idea to improve DFM

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA jessy
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 9508

jessy is offline View user's profile Send private message jessy's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 am   Post subject: an idea to improve DFM Reply with quote

what if when you went to check out an album and song, there was a "play track" button. so people could get a taste of the particular band. seems like an awesome idea to me, tell me what you guys think.

another idea, improve your merchandise! i would love to have a DFM poster with like... Death metal album covers on the poster and then big lettering Death.FM. or a DFM wristband \,,/
our bodies, so fragile, we are masters of avoiding death, our brains, we use only 20% of it, our life, only 70 or so years, with those points taken, the ultimate question of life is... what is life for?
PostmasterDCLXVI RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm   Post subject: Re: an idea to improve DFM Reply with quote

jessy wrote:
what if when you went to check out an album and song, there was a "play track" button. so people could get a taste of the particular band. seems like an awesome idea to me, tell me what you guys think.

If I'm not wrong, what you are stating is a preview of a track, maybe like a 30sec clip. The idea is good, but from an IT perspective, it means more bandwidth requirement & also increased load on the server. Plus I don't know how difficult it will be to implement a track preview. Personally, I don't think I would implement it. But then, let's see what JERIC & Pesa have to say about it. Peace

jessy wrote:
another idea, improve your merchandise! i would love to have a DFM poster with like... Death metal album covers on the poster and then big lettering Death.FM. or a DFM wristband \,,/

Brilliant idea!!!! I would love to have a poster of DFM!!! Yes Cool
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Look them up on Metal Archives then go to their myspace or website if you want a sample. Peace

Memento Mori
USA jessy
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 9508

jessy is offline View user's profile Send private message jessy's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but the idea is for DFM to have it, thus more popularity if they we have it \,,/
our bodies, so fragile, we are masters of avoiding death, our brains, we use only 20% of it, our life, only 70 or so years, with those points taken, the ultimate question of life is... what is life for?
PostmasterDCLXVI RIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 4680

PostmasterDCLXVI is offline View user's profile Send private message PostmasterDCLXVI's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Look them up on Metal Archives then go to their myspace or website if you want a sample. Peace

Excellent alternative idea!!! OK! LOL Peace
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 9243

Set-Abominae is offline View user's profile Send private message Set-Abominae's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jessy wrote:
yes but the idea is for DFM to have it, thus more popularity if they we have it \,,/
theres a different between a good idea and an idea thats alot of effort and only a little rewarding...

yes it would be a good idea... but the work and server space involved with this is too much... i very highly doubt this will be done...

but the merchandise idea i agree with

aw

Member#: 6546

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is a good idea, but CJ had a good suggestion.
USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4447

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Look them up on Metal Archives then go to their myspace or website if you want a sample.

Translation:
"Go do it yerself! Now git off mah lawn!!!"
diginferno
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 1771

diginferno is offline View user's profile Send private message View diginferno's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more to the song preview idea than meets the eye. I think that would mean "on-demand delivery", which I think needs a different licensing model. Also, I can only see that implemented as a Flash player on the album page. Flash players are greedy bandwidth eaters, which is another reason I don't see this implemented any time soon. Both elements, the licensing model and the bandwidth, would make the operating costs of the station explode.

.:: ::.
Liberia cjjeepercreeper
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 2665

cjjeepercreeper is offline View user's profile Send private message cjjeepercreeper's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

diginferno wrote:
There is more to the song preview idea than meets the eye. I think that would mean "on-demand delivery", which I think needs a different licensing model. Also, I can only see that implemented as a Flash player on the album page. Flash players are greedy bandwidth eaters, which is another reason I don't see this implemented any time soon. Both elements, the licensing model and the bandwidth, would make the operating costs of the station explode.

LOL Much longer explanation than the question deserved.

Memento Mori
Papua Newguinea SeclusionSolution RIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 2031

SeclusionSolution is offline View user's profile Send private message View SeclusionSolution's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jessy wrote:

pop...u..what? bwahaha LOL

This station will never get recognition by the mainstream it would just be an extra feature for the ppl that already know this station and therefore the price of losing bandwidth would be much too high .Peace

USA aiolyfe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4447

aiolyfe is offline View user's profile Send private message View aiolyfe's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SeclusionSolution wrote:
jessy wrote:

pop...u..what? bwahaha LOL

This station will never get recognition by the mainstream it would just be an extra feature for the ppl that already know this station and therefore the price of losing bandwidth would be much too high .Peace

Exactly, Dr. Seclu.
Zambia Metalheadbrewer
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 6546

Metalheadbrewer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Metalheadbrewer's Favorites
MSN Messenger Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cjjeepercreeper wrote:
diginferno wrote:

LOL Much longer explanation than the question deserved.
Totally agree CJ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Death.FM Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: