Death.FM
RIP
Subscribe to become a RIP member of Death.FM!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The RIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give RIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Death.FM Store

:: Death.FM Store ::

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
The_Midnight_G...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:57 am   Post subject: Metal: A Headbanger's Journey Reply with quote

Anybody already saw this documentary? If so, what's your opinion regarding it?

Personally, I think it's a great docu made by someone who obviously knows what he's talking about. The problem with most documentaries is that whoever made it, they don't know shit but not in this case.

Perhaps he could've mentioned some other genres as well (death metal hardly gets any attention IMO) but then again, you can't explain every "type" of metal in 96 min. Great docu and really worth watching!!!

PS: Most of you have already seen these, but still. 2 short interviews from the docu:

Interview with Gaahl from Gorgoroth = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ICv7k75xE&mode=related&search=

Interview with Necrobutcher & Blasphemer from Mayhem = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67Vz3jsit8&mode=related&search=
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The mayhem interview was interesting (considering they were drunk) And is that the bucher that later killed dead?

The gorgoroth vid was hilariousThe huge long pause followd by the one word satan made me almost piss myself. Id slaps his fucking head in with a steel chair. Acting all mysterious and shit, lmao @ him.
Canada irule
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2410

irule is offline View user's profile Send private message View irule's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie, makes we want to go to Wacken. Maybe a little too much focus on Glam metal though.

Dark, Dead killed himself. The others took pictures and made necklaces out of his skull.

Member#: 213

VileVince is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail VileVince's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good documentry I also laughed when I saw the Gorgoroth interview, the theatrics of Black Metal make me laugh LOL
Canada Dark
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 589

Dark is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dark's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then who did the guitarist kill, or bassist? *cant remember*
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 87

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Varg (played bass once for Mayhem as far as I know) killed Euro (guitarist), everybody should know this by know...
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 2503

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont reckon Gaahl was being theatrical, if you'd seen them live you would know what I mean - I reckon thats what he is really like. Besides all of Gorgoroth are fuckin' wierd.

I seen a few clips of this Documentary on youtube but I'm gonna see if I can find the whole thing to watch somewhere. I noticed Twisted Sister were in it! LOL. They were fuckin funny. 'I wanna rock'...........

Peace
Lieutenant

Member#: 207

The_Midnight_Grotesque is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website The_Midnight_Grotesque's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, they actually focus on glam rock a bit too much for my taste but then again, that was also a very important time regarding censorship and everything.

Regarding Gaahl, as Waffen said, that guy isn't playing any show. This is who he really is. The funny thing is, that the Norwegian police is currently investigating this matter because as you can see in the vid, he does mention that the church burnings will happen again in the future and guess what, a few weeks ago a church burned down...

Evil or Very Mad
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

Dami is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dami's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Midnight_Grotesque wrote:
It's true, they actually focus on glam rock a bit too much for my taste but then again, that was also a very important time regarding censorship and everything.

Regarding Gaahl, as Waffen said, that guy isn't playing any show. This is who he really is. The funny thing is, that the Norwegian police is currently investigating this matter because as you can see in the vid, he does mention that the church burnings will happen again in the future and guess what, a few weeks ago a church burned down...

Evil or Very Mad

Bout time! LOL LOL LOL
This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.
UK Waffen
Captain
Captain

aw

Waffen is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Waffen's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO - I reckon Gaahl went and stared at the church until it caught fire. Interesting that though, anymore info on the church burning? News link or something?

I just looked into this. The pigs are investigating comment by Gaahl about the burnings in the early '90's. As far as I know there is no mention of other church burnings.

Peace
Captain

Member#: 1588

Razyutis is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Razyutis's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dami wrote:
Varg (played bass once for Mayhem as far as I know) killed Euro (guitarist), everybody should know this by know...

So.. how much jailtime did he get ? Very Happy

as for the gorgoroth... LOL LOL LOL thats how stupid they are ?
the documentary should of pick better metal artists, wtf the drunk scots of mayhem Shocked , what will ppl think of us now, even if we dont care what they say about us LOL

My Pet, The Demonic Squirrel, He Likes Metal
Germany Dami
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Razyutis wrote:
Dami wrote:

So.. how much jailtime did he get ? Very Happy

21 years.
South Korea misanthrone
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

huh, haven't seen this documentary.. but I saw a BM documentary, 25 min or so, about norwegian scene, and that stupid fuck Gaahl was talking about same shit.. I think he is a little retarded, it's funny to see such people with such ridiculous beliefs Silly
Captain

aw

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it rediculous? It's what he believes in. Gaahl might think your beliefs are stupid too. Why is no-one tolerant anymore? We all know the religious and theological stance of black metal, its a little dated now for sure and most people just raise their eyebrows about it, but why should the people who believe that be denied, no matter how stupid or 'rediculous' it seems.

Personally I think its pretty stupid, but I admire Gaahl and others like him for sticking to what they believe because thats what music is all about; personal interpretation. In Gorgoroth's case that is their message/belief but so fuckin' what? Like you really care or give a shit about it Misanthrone, I certainly don't. If you like the music and look beyond the messages contained therein then surely it dosent matter one little bit!

Peace
Commodore

Member#: 1992

misanthrone is offline View user's profile Send private message View misanthrone's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Waffen, U got a point.. I only care about music, I just thought it's funny to see such people..everyone can belive in whatever the fuck they want to.. and yes, I like Gorgoroth music .. but still cannot help myself laughing at Gaahl's sayings.. Grin
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: